Roles & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for supporting Bluorbit to grow and retain parcels, letters and logistics business from the Asia, UK and the EU trade lanes. The Singapore Branch will need to be rapidly built to deliver meaningful support to Bluorbit over the short term while creating a platform of growth for Bluorbit under a stable long term business plan with a solid core of customers. This role requires a strong relationship and sales ethic and solid core of logistics and supply chain experience.
The role will support Bluorbit by being a key customer point of contact and dealing with customer escalations, and when appropriate working with customers and relevant contacts within Bluorbit to establish and proactively act on opportunities for Bluorbit business growth and customer service enhancement.
Key to the success of this role is networking across the Asian, UK and EU business community to identify opportunities and threats as well as establishing best practice customer services standards for Bluorbit, thus maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and customer retention.
A key element of this role is to work with Business Director – Singapore across a disparate and challenging customer group, comprising Integrators, Wholesalers and Direct Customers, often with the same party being both customer and competitor. You will be responsible for assisting Bluorbit in developing and delivering solutions and proposals for new and existing customers and partners, both in response to requests received and through actively seeking new business opportunities.
We are looking for a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The right candidate needs to have a great attitude, the ability to continuously interact with new people, and analyse situations to achieve a beneficial outcome.
The Business Development Manager supports global commercial operations by liaising with service providers and key stakeholders for new and existing clients across all of our services, including courier, parcel and postal eCommerce shipping Business Developments. The Business Development Manager will perform market analysis and develop Business Development for the organization’s needs in order to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives.
Customer Focus & Service Performance
- Manage related documentation to support Bluorbit customer agreements.
- Support Bluorbit to ensure that it can deliver a quality service, within agreed SLAs.
- Measure and report on sales service performance to ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain trust and respect.
- Support Bluorbit in continuously reviewing and improving sales offerings and business solutions to meet changing customer requirements.
- Champion, Promote and enhance the quality of the International Business service by supporting Bluorbit in identifying and providing relevant and effective product solutions, designed to deliver mutual value-add.
- Support Bluorbit to retain and grow existing yield return from the portfolio of customers.
- Ensure priority is given to Bluorbit delivering essential value propositions.
- Support Bluorbit in developing and executing agreed strategies via robust account planning and effective use of appropriate CRM tools.
- Develop strong and effective relationships within the assigned customer base of key, high-value strategic accounts.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Business Director and Head of International to ensure goals are aligned and principles agreed.
- Advocate and understand Bluorbit’s international customer needs within the customer base; ensuring value is top of mind.
- Assist Bluorbit to deliver against its revenue and profit targets for customers/portfolio.
- Deliver excellence measured through Bluorbit customer satisfaction surveys.
- Build and maintain sound business relationships whilst actively securing ways to support a mutually beneficial business.
Product and Market Analysis
- Understand the market, competitive and environmental factors affecting the product category.
- Through robust analysis achieve a comprehensive understanding of the global postal and logistics markets, customers and products in order to identify opportunities for Bluorbit.
- Has had a minimum of 5+ International logistics & supply chain sales experience;
- Intimate knowledge of the global Postal and Courier industry, including a thorough understanding of logistics and supply chain management. (3 – 5+ years’ experience of the industry preferred);
- Experience of working in a large and complex business;
- Experience at working with many levels of customer and stakeholder personnel.
- Experience of selling new and foreign notions into diverse audiences within organisationz;
- Experience in delivering projects following robust project management methodologies;
- B2B and B2C marketing experience required;
- Evidence of successful implementation of product pricing for new or existing products and evidence of the understanding of risks associated with pricing decisions;
- Experience in managing product life cycles – ideally across a wide range of products and/or services and ideally across a wide range of channels;
- Can “thread” and deliver internal implementation capabilities that are both realistic and deliverable.
- Advanced computer skills – MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills